Hello and welcome to Friday's Fave Five. I am learning to love the lists!!
1) Oprah Show, which I watch sometimes has things every now and then that resonate. I turned it on this afternoon and the show was celebrating 10 years of her magazine. Dr. Phil was on it who I never watch but he told everyone that every now and then you have to do something in your life to shake it up. He talked about some people never knowing they are depressed until suddenly they become happy. That you have to have something in your life you are passionate about and that you do the unexpected every now and then. Change is hard and scary. It keeps people in thier ruts for too long. Then he proceeded to shave off his mustache on national TV! He put action to his words!!
2) The reason the above made so much sense to me was because I did the same thing this very morning, without even seeing the show beforehand. I had my hair cut! I mean really cut. I've never been brave enough to have done what got done today. And I love it!!
3) My son surprised me this week by showing up on my doorstep on Sunday morning. I had been very worried about him for a while, and he was not answering any phonecalls and is subject to deep bouts of depression and I knew he having troubles so to see him and see he was okay was so relieving and good. He drove here from Alberta where he lives, he was feeling homesick. So good to see him!!
4) Sockeye Salmon - there is a huge run of salmon this year after years of nothing and we bought fish for our freezer from commercial fisheries. The first salmon on the barbeque was incredibly delicious!!
5) Extra Spicy Clamato Juice - Can't get enough of the stuff lately!!
To see other entries for Friday's Favorite Five, please go and visit http://susannesspace.blogspot.com/