About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Thursday, September 16, 2010



Cucumber and Melon Salad
1 large Honeydew or Cantaloupe Melon
1 large English Cucumber
Cut up melon and cucumber into bite size pieces. You don't have to peel the cucumber if you choose. I like the added colour that the peel gives in the salad.

Dressing:
2 TBSP. Plain Yogurt
1 TBSP. Honey
2 TBSP. Fresh Lemon Juice
Zest of the Lemon
2 TBSP. Fresh Mint
4 chopped Scallions
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Fresh Ground Pepper
Chopped chives for garnish
Mix dressing ingredients completely and toss in salad. Garnish with fresh minced chives and mint.

This is a very nice refreshing salad that pairs well with barbequed Salmon or Chicken.
Mint for garnish


No comments: