About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Skywatch Friday

Every year on the second weekend of August we have the Abbotsford International Airshow. The show starts tomorrow but the planes have been flying and practising for the past few days. I raced home today to grab my camera and get to an open spot by the airport, but by the time I got there, the Snowbirds were gone and a few jets were left flying. So here is a few pictures of them practising for the big show!!
A couple of jets. You can see that our skies are mostly blue with scattered clouds here and about.
The jet in the back eventually passed the front jet.

Trying to follow these jets with my camera as they flew past me sometimes put them in between me and the sun. Silhouette time!


Looks like its flying right into Whipped cream!

And a straight up vertical ascent.
For more photos of Skywatch Friday, please go and visit http://skyley.blogspot.com/



6 comments:

Keith W said...

Cool pictures! Thank you!

Carletta said...

Here we go into the wild blue yonder! :)
Terrific shots!

Michele said...

I love visiting the airshows!! You have captured some great shots here. It's been sometime since we gone to one...

JO said...

cool pictures...

Here's my photos of snowbirds


~ Jo's Precious Thoughts ~

SquirrelQueen said...

Great shots!

ExploreColorado said...

Wow you did a great job catching them in motion.