About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Monday, August 1, 2011

Deep Fried Dill Pickles

DEEP FRIED DILL PICKLES

I first tryed Deep Fried Dill Pickles a couple of years ago in an English Fish and Chip Shop and fell in love with them right away. They have been on my mind to try again ever since.  Last week I again found them at the local pub.
These little snacks have everything going for them. The salty and sour of the pickles, the savoury spices in the coating mix, the creamy dip that goes with it. 
1 jar Bick Dill Pickles with Garlic
2 Eggs
1 1/2 cups Seasoned Bread Crumbs
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper (or to taste)
1 tsp. Black Pepper
Oil for deep frying.

Dip:
1/2 cup Bick Zesty Onion Relish
1/2 cup Sour Cream
Combine dip ingredients in a small bowl.

1) Preheat oil in deep fryer to 375 degrees. Drain and rinse pickles, cut into quarter slices lengthwise and pat dry. Lightly mix eggs in small bowl with fork, until frothy. Combine bread crumbs and seasonings in separate bowls.
2) Dip each pickle stick into the egg, then into the breadcrumb mixture. Fry in small batches, 45 to 60 seconds, until golden brown and crispy. Serve with dip.
(For a thicker coating, dip in egg, then breadcrumbs then again in egg and breadcrumbs.)

You will never be able to eat just one!!
I am linking up with:


No comments: