About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Straight Out Of The Camera Sunday

I have a few pictures my hubby and I took today when we went to visit a small town called Fort Langley.
It was a beautiful sunny warm day out, not wintery at all. Lots of flowers growing, trees budding. And a big blue sky!!
Lots of heritage homes to be seen in Fort Langley, even some houses that although look heritage were only built a few years ago. This house is one example.
Next to the home in the picture above, is an old cemetary. There are a lot of former soldiers from world wars buried here. We wandered through and took a few pictures before continuing on our way.
The Railway runs through the end of town, following along the Fraser River. The Railway Station is to the left here.
The Fraser River, off in the far distance you can see the white tops of the Coastal Mountains.
Across the river one of the oldest Church's in this area.

The bridge over Fraser River. The road used to lead to the Albion Ferry which crossed over to another town called Maple Ridge. That ferry now is not in service.
I have more pictures which I will post tomorrow!!
For more pictures of Straight out of the Camera Sunday, please visit http://www.murrieta365.com/

7 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

Lovely range of photos! Esepcially love the grandeur of the heritage home and the beauty of the river scenes!

Leora said...

Lovely scenery. I like the idea of a new Victorian - you get the fun of the gable and the porch with new plumbing and electricity. We have a 1917 house, and there is only so much rebuilding you can do.

Anonymous said...

Very nice photos!

Judy said...

Thank you for the beautiful tour. I love it how I can see the world through other peoples photos.

Lynn said...

Beautiful photos; each one is so representative of the beauty of the area.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Beautiful shots! The one of the railroad seems so lonely. Have a great day!

Sherrie
A View of My Life

Anonymous said...

What a pretty selection!