About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Prawn and Orange Noodle Salad.

It's very hot today for the first full day of Summer. Not so much hot in temperature but hot in humidity. It's not a day to heat up anything cooking or otherwise. A cool supper out on the back sundeck was in order.

Combine in a large Salad Bowl:
1/3 cup Soy Sauce
1/4 cup fresh Lime Juice
3 TBSP Vegetable Oil
2 Garlic cloves, minced
2-3 tsp fresh Grated Ginger
Pinch Chili Flakes
Cook 1-250gram package Rice Noodles,according to package directions
350grams cooked Salad Shrimp
1 large Orange, peeled and sectioned. (Can use Mango too)
1/3 English Cucumber, thinly sliced
1/4 thinly sliced red Onion
1/2 Yellow Pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 cup Roasted Cashews,coarsely chopped
1/4 cup fresh Cilantro, chopped.
Add Noodles and remaining ingredients to the salad dressing in large bowl and toss to combine ingredients.

I think this salad would of gone really nice with an ice cold glass of something like Chardonnay but I did not have any here. Next time though!!


Bon Appetit!!