Summer has finally arrived and its time to look at the things of Summer I like the most!!
1) Cherries!! I wait all year for fresh B.C. Cherries to show in the stores and they are finally here! I eat so many cherries when they come out so I hopefully won't miss them when their season is done.
2) Raspberries: The Central Fraser Valley where I live is the capital of Raspberry growers. They are now ripe and in all the fruit stands and ready to buy. I love them just plain and fresh but they are also really good with Vanillla Ice Cream!
3) Strawberries!! Are you sensing a fruit theme here!! You can get strawberries all year round, but the fresh picked locally grown berries are the best.
4) I could post more photos of fruit if I had some but maybe its time to move on here. For number 4 I love the Farmer's Market. Every Saturday morning we head on down to the market to check it out. A cup of delicous free trade coffee fresh at the market and a fresh baked Eccles Cake makes a good breakfast on a Saturday morning. I love buying bunches of fresh herbs at the market.
5) The Sunshine!! We have had a wet cloudy spring here so seeing the sun finally come out for more than a couple days in a row is wonderful. The heat is in the 20's (Celcius) and the wind helps keep the bugs down and the air a bit cooler. I love some summer!!!