About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Chimichurri Sauce

The other day at my neighbour's place I had the opportunity to taste something new. This was a sauce that her friend had given her, that she was serving with some barbequed steaks for supper. I didn't have the steak, just a mouthful of this sauce and I am telling you - it was wonderful! The flavours were fresh, spicy with just the right amount of heat and garlic (at least for me!) and my taste buds felt like they were rejoicing!! The flavours lingered for quite a while after eating it. I just knew that I would have to get the recipe and try it out!!
So here it is for everyone here. I hope you also try it, I know you will love it.

Chimichurri Sauce. The cast of Characters.
Gather all the spices together. I used salt, pepper, red pepper chili flakes, Sweet Paprika, Dried Oregano, Cumin, Lemon Zest, and a small amount of Smoked Paprika.

Combine Olive Oil, RedWine Vinegar and Balsamic Vinegar, Lemon Juice

I chopped One green onion finely and I grated two heads of garlic cloves. I wanted the garlic to be finely minced into the sauce and evenly distributed, rather than biting into a chunk of garlic.

I finely minced one bunch of flat leaf Italian Parsley and one bunch of Cilantro.

Throw all these ingredients into a food processor.

Whirl in the food processor until finely chopped and well mixed.

This made about two and a half cups of Chimichurri Sauce.
We served it over Barbequed Turkey Thighs tonight and the rest is in the fridge. It will keep in the fridge for a week, if it lasts that long!!
Chimichurri Sauce
1 bunch Cilantro, minced
1 bunch Italian Flat Leaf Parlsey, minced
2 tbsp. green Onion, minced
1/3 cup minced Garlic, (2 large or 3 small heads)
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 to 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice fresh.
1 tsp. grated Lemon Zest
1 1/2 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 to 1 tsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
2 tbsp. Sweet Paprika
1 tbsp. Smoked Paprika
1 tbsp. dried Oregano
1/2 tsp. Cumin
Combine all ingredients in a food Processor and process until all is finely minced and well combined. Keep in fridge when not using and it will keep for a week.
Tastes great with roasted or grilled meats.
I hope you enjoy it!!!








No comments: