About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Summer Treats


It's hard to just pick out one or two Summer Treats to post here. Here Summer is a treat! Our summer really started last week, up until then we had a lot of rain day in and day out.
So I thought I would take you on a bit of a tour of the day we had today, the whole day a treat of experiences, music and good food!
Today we went to the Caribbean Festival, celebrating all things Caribbean. A concert just starting in the bandshell, lots of steel drums and lively tunes.
A hot day today with temps in the high 20's Celcius, the lemonade was flowing freely.
Lots of stands with Caribbean food. I don't know what these two gentlemen were scooping into the warmers, but it looked and smelled delicious!
People lined up at the various food vendors to get some food and drink. Its a real treat to buy lunch or dinner here, as this type of food is not normally something I would cook and eat at home!
I got Jerk Chicken with rice and beans and salad. It had flavour but not the heat I was going after. I guess you have to gauge the heat levels to suit all the people you will serve, and mild won.
My hubby had Goat Curry with rice and beans and salad.
After we finished lunch we started toward the next stage for a concert. I was struck by the dappled patterns of the shade along the walkway. It was a hot enough day that people coveted thier cool and shady spots.
Again, Steel Drums playing. I love the sound they make.

Visiting, dancing drinking cool drinks. Everyone was relaxed and having a good time!
Loved this little guy's curly locks and the monkeys he was content playing with!
We got Ice Cream bars from Purdy's Chocolates, dipped in Chocolate and rolled in crushed nuts and brittle. Yum!
After supper tonight we went to our local park for a Concert in the park. We are a town that likes their outdoor concerts. You can go to a concert (and we do) every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday every week throughout the whole summer. We love to take a picnic and our lawn chairs and enjoy supper outside while listening to live music in beautiful scenery. It is such a treat!
Scenic Sunday
 Others have the same idea as we do, enjoying music in the park.
So that concludes our day, and I am sure you can see that the whole day was one big Summer Treat!






P52 with Kent Weakley

10 comments:

BearBoy said...

Heck of a nice day. Good companion to enjoy the day with as well. Nice pics, really caught the festive mood.

Anonymous said...

What delightful treats!

BearBoy said...

Heck of a nice day. Good companion to enjoy the day with as well. Nice pics, really caught the festive mood.

Gemma Wiseman said...

O what a bright parade of sunny summer colour and shadow patterns! Beautiful photos!

Brandi said...

This looks so fun and tasty!

Danielle said...

What a fun summer day full of memories. I love your header photo.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

The photo of the curly-headed kid is my favorite!

Befriending the Dark

Chubskulit Rose said...

Looks so inviting and fun.

My Shadow Shot, come and see.

Gina Kleinworth said...

What a delightful way to spend the day!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Visiting this time from Ruby Tuesday.

Red Baron is my entry, hope you can still peek and leave a comment. Thanks.