About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Books
I love books. Not a day can go by where I don't have to read a bit of a book before shutting my eyes for sleep. At times I even have more than one book on the go.  Our local library is also an excellent source for books.
I think if I was one to buy more books than I do, one of the new E-Readers might be a good thing to invest in. I do buy some books, ones that I want to keep and read over, but otherwise the library serves me well enough. I usually only read a book once, so not too worth buying it.
There is just something about having a book in hand, the feel and the weight of it, turning the pages, getting close to the end of the story that I don't think an E-Reader would fulfil. You know, curling up on the couch with a good book. Just not the same I think with a reader!

I am always curious about old worn well used books as well. I wonder who besides me read this book. How many people enjoyed it? What did they think of the story? Have they lasted this long because they are a good read? The rough textures of the book covers, the thickened pages, the cracked spines, the smell of the yellowed pages all leave a mark and tell thier own story.And I would like to know that story as well! 

Linking up with:





"Thankful"


5 comments:

Barbara said...

Beautiful composition and tones. I love books too and have shelves and shelves of them. I've resisted getting an e-reader, like you I like having the physical book in my hands. Besides, my husband works for Penguin the publishers so I feel I should support them anyway :O)

Barbara said...

I meant to say - I love your blog header!

Roan said...

Beautiful composition! I'm with you on the books. Love them! Although I do have an e-reader which I received for Christmas last year. I have come to love it, too.

Anonymous said...

Excellent picture. Arrived from Thursday challenge

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful composition.

Regards and best wishes