I thought because Christmas is just around the corner, I would do some Christmas faves for you all.
1) Christmas Light Displays: I got home from work late tonight and even later than I normally would of because I took a bit of a scenic route to see some of the beautiful Christmas light displays that are up. Some of the displays are amazing! Such talented people out there. A few are set to music as well. It is quite a bit foggy outside tonight and that just added to the magical quality of the light displays I think.
2) Shortbread: It is my favorite cookie of all the year. I love it just plain, no cherries, or dip in chocolate. It has to be made with real butter too. Believe it or not, I know a couple of people who actually use margarine to make their shortbread. That is just wrong!! (I am also one of those strange people that loves fruitcake, the dark kind!)
3) Eggnog: I am glad this only comes out on special holidays. If it was available all year round it might not be so wonderful. I love eggnog in lots of different ways - ice cream, with rum, lattes, straight up, substitute for coffee cream. I like it warmed up as well, in drinks in place of milk. It makes excellent french toast as well.
4) Candy Cane Ice Cream: Another thing that its good it is only out at Christmas. I don't even waste time getting a bowl. I am the only one in this house that thinks this is wonderful. So I can eat it right out of the container with no guilt at all!!
5) Ponsettias, Garlands, Wreaths, Christmas decorations: and here is the wierd part in that I don't like putting them up and especially hate to take them down. I love seeing others decorations and store displays. I just don't like decorating in my own home. Weird huh???
To check out other lists for Friday's Fave Five, please go and visit http://susannesspace.blogspot.com/