About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cream of Brussel Sprouts Soup

One of my favorite fall vegetables is Brussel spouts. I love them steamed, roasted, even deep fried. My hubby frowns on me deep frying them though, they do tend to stink up the house a bit. So I came up with a soup for them, being that soup is another one of my favorite fall foods. Nothing like a steaming bowl of soup on a cold fall day!!

Cream of Brussels Soup. The cast of ingredients. Forgot to put the real cream out here. Oh, and the real butter!!
Chop up all the ingredients and get ready to cook. It really does not take too long to make this soup.
Saute all the ingredients in butter, add chicken stock and simmer till veggies are soft. Then add your cream.
That shadow is my head ready to eat some soup!!!!
Here is the recipe for you all. You have to try it out.
Cream of Brussel Sprout Soup
2 oz. Butter
1 Onion chopped
2 Potatoes, chopped
Saute this for 10 minutes until onion is soft and starting to brown.
Add to the pot:
1 lb. chopped brussel sprouts
20 oz. chicken broth
Juice and Zest of 1 lemon
Salt and Pepper to taste.
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
1/4 tsp. Cloves
Simmer all this until vegetables are soft and totally cooked through. At this point you could puree the whole thing in a food processor but I like my soups chunky. So I just go ahead and add 4 oz. Cream to the pot. Serve after heating cream through. You can garnish the soup if you like with Toasted Almonds.
Hope you give this a try. I know some people out there like Brussel Sprouts, I can't be the only one!!



1 comment:

Donalyn said...

Thanks so much for telling me to come and check this out - looks SO good! Gave this post a Stumble so more people will get to enjoy it!