About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Saturday, May 18, 2013

In the Pink, part 2

I waited a long time to see some pink blossoms. Most of my friends in B.C. have already been talking about Cherry blossoms for over a month now. In fact they say their blossoms are already past their lifespan. 
So finally, ours is starting to bloom, and I couldn't be happier. 
I thought I'd probably never see blossoms here in Alberta.
Its always windy here, so it was hard getting some photos that weren't blowing in that wind. 
At times the wind blows like crazy, and the air feels full of dust. Tumble weeds blow down the street and pile up on fences and against the sides of homes. 

This tiny LadyBug was trying to gather some food and not get blown away into the next yard.

Lots of little buds that still are set to open.

These pink blossoms really signal the arrival of Spring for me. I was beginning the think it wasn't going to happen!




These colours won't be around for much longer and I have waited so long for them, that I am loving being out and seeing their fleeting beauty. 

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous blossoms and the ladybug is so cute.

Georgianna said...

Lorna, these are absolutely beautiful photos. I'm really impressed and a bit jealous as our cherry blossoms are over now, too. You did a great job with these, well worth the wait I would say!

G

Anonymous said...

OH, these shots are simply gorgeous!

betty-NZ said...

There is so much beauty in these blossoms! I love them all and the little lady bug is just adorable!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Wish I was there!

DeniseinVA said...

I'm glad for you, these beautiful blossoms were worth waiting for. Great photos and I thank you for once again sharing them with Today's Flowers.

SandyCarlson said...

Beautiful blossoms!

Carletta said...

Beautiful shots!
So soft and romantic looking.

Cynthia said...

Lovely images! I wish the blossoms could last for a long while, don't you?

Unknown said...

Gorgeous shots!
http://mauldinfamily1.wordpress.com/category/ruby-red-tuesday/

ExploreColorado said...

Beautiful Pinks.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Love love the combination pink and green. Perfection.