About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snowy Textures



Just by itself, a Monkey tree has a lot of texture. With the added snow resting on its branches it adds another level of texture to the tree.
When we were kids, we used to watch for Monkey trees in someone's yard, and seeing one would punch the nearest person on the arm and yell "Monkey Tree, no punch back!"
Did you ever play that game? It made some of the drives we took go a little quicker when we had something else to focus on. And if you were lucky you got to punch your brother or sister on the arm without getting into trouble!

Did you know that Monkey trees are so named because they are the only tree a Monkey is unable to climb?

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

I love this! I also have never heard of a monkey tree but how interesting ..I want to see one in real life& watch a monkey attempt to climb it ;)

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

The monkey tree is very interesting and quite beautiful with the snow on it. I have never seen or even heard of a monkey tree. That's one reason I love blogging, someone always has something to show or say. Thank you for commenting on my Mom's birthday roses. They really were beautiful. If you have something you would like to share at the Cozy Your Home Party, please come on Tues. Would love to have you. If you don't want to join the party, just stop in to visit. Hope to hear from you again!!-- Shannon

deb duty said...

I'm always amazed by the way a snow piles up on branches. These are lovely photos. I've never even heard of a monkey tree before.

Country Girl said...

No, I did not know that ~
And wow, what an interesting tree - especially with the added snow.