About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Frozen Water falling from the Sky

A freezing blast of Winter has hit B.C. with lots of snow and icy winter temperatures.
For a region that usually enjoys temperate rainforest conditions, we are not used to this type of craziness. We don't have to shovel rain!
And rain is what we are used to!

We have outdoor Exercise equipment we can enjoy any season of the year. Usually wet from rain!

Boardwalk on Mill Lake to take walks along. Usually ducks swimming alongside.

A little punch of colour is always nice in a world suddenly white.

Kariton Art Gallery situated right in the middle of the park. You can picnic here even in winter if you want.

Lots of tables to choose from.

Or benches to sit and enjoy.
Rotary Crossing Playground is empty of children playing. I think all the kids are sliding down hills.

Schools close here when snow flies. Kids like that a lot!


The dock in the main parking area of Mill Lake has the only patch of unfrozen water. The ducks have to swim somewhere!

Cannot imagine floating around in that frigid cold water like these ducks are doing!

I guess the water conditions are not conducive to swimming, being the lake is frozen!

Frozen like this!



10 comments:

Jane said...

Your photos are beautiful! I love the pop of color breaking through the winter.

Seeing the ducks in the water reminded me of a pond in PA...there was warm water pumped into the pond during the winters...thousands of birds were always happily swimming...
Jane (artfully graced)

Kmcblackburn said...

Those punchees of red and blue in your snow photos are so mesmerizing!

Kathy

Carletta said...

You've got more snow that we've had so far. It's been very mild here. I'm missing the snow as a matter of fact.
The snow really did make the red and blues pop.
It looks sooooo cold - maybe I don't miss it. :)

Leah H. said...

Beautiful photos, beautiful shots!

Visiting for RT 2! Here's my share- hope you can stop by:)

http://www.sweethomephilippines.com/2012/01/radio-control-dune-buggy.html

Suburban Girl said...

I guess it is too cold to be out on that playground...or maybe all the kids are off sledding!

Stephani Cochran said...

I like that royal blue against the white. I've been seeing more photos of snow lately, and I'm still waiting for snow here! Maybe February!

Chrissy Brand said...

I like all of these photos and those blue ones at the kids' playground give such a contrast- lovely!

Chrissy at Manchester: a photo a day at Mancunian Wave

Country Girl said...

I love the addition of white. Makes everything look so different.

Kateri said...

Love the bright blue against white. Very striking and dramatic.

Cathy said...

Love your comment about not having to shovel rain. Out of the 4 times we've been in Vancouver and elsewhere in BC its rained for 3 of them lol

You don't really realise how much the colour shows up against the white snow until you see it in black and white - well you know what I mean!
Cathy
Visiting from Watery Wednesday
http://stillwaters-cathy.blogspot.com/2012/01/harbour-views.html