About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Watery Wednesday

Watery Wednesday
I have been posting photos from a garden my Hubby and I visited this past weekend. If you look back on the last few posts you can read about the story of this garden.
Hilda's Garden, built on the side of a hillside, and over five acres in size also had a few water features in it. At the top of the property, which I never went as far up to see is a waterfall, feeding into a creek that runs down the entire length of the hillside, into the Koi pond and down. It was raining most of the day, and the paths and steps were treacherous.
The above picture is overlooking the Koi Pond, as seen from the veranda of the Treehouse.

A statue of the Heron presides over the Koi Pond.

At the top of the hill as far as I went up is a stone bridge built by Hilda's husband Dan. He is a stone mason by trade and built all the stone steps, paths and this bridge. A veritable feat considering he is in his late 70's now, and carried up stones and concrete and sand by the bucket to build the paths/bridge, and these trails were steep to climb and hard to get to.

Here is a set of concrete and stone steps that he built along the side of the creek. This is leading up to the top of the hill, and close to where the waterfall starts.

Looking down from the top of the steps as the creek runs down the hill.

A view from the steps down the hill.

Bushes overgrowing the water.

A wooden bridge built over the creek.

Koi in the pond.

Koi in the pond.
Please go and check out the past few previous posts to see the story of this garden and photos from each day. And come back to see the next photos as well!!
To see other photos of Watery Wednesday, please go and visit http://waterywednesday.blogspot.com/ 

1 comment:

2sweetnsaxy said...

Amazing! I would love to visit a place like this. Thanks for sharing these!