About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Sunday, July 4, 2010

I have been feeling a bit orphaned today for some reason, so thought I would share with you in Macro form a recipe I cooked for supper today, that really reminds me of my parents and growing up. My brothers and sister will recognize this one right away!!
Even the recipe card is old, and gooped up from previous cooking. It has some history!! And it comes out of the old recipe box that stood on my parents counter for years.

The ingredients along with a few pounds of Spareribs. I substituted Orange Juice for the water. And a few more cloves of garlic.

Everytime I cook, I am reminded of my parents, the old measuring spoons and measuring cups came from my parents home after my Dad passed away. I could get newer ones, but these ones have memories for me.
(Measure out the dry ingredients and grate the garlic as above.)

Isn't it the truth, that some things so pretty can just make you cry???

The finished product!! Every year on our birthdays we got to choose what we would have for our birthday dinners. I always chose these Spareribs. These are pure and simple Comfort food for me now. I don't cook them often, more times than not when we do have spareribs it is with bottled sauce on them. But every once in a while I pull out this old recipe of Mom and Dad's and all the ingredients and make a bunch of Ribs. And I am transported back to a simpler time when Mom called, Supper's ready and this is what was for supper.




It's about the little things in life that bring you comfort and peace. Macro photos also challenge you to look a little closer and see those things you might pass by otherwise.
For more photos of Macro Monday, please go and visit http://lisaschaos.com/

13 comments:

Kala said...

They look delicious and I haven't had any dinner so now I'm REALLY hungry.

Jane said...

Great food macro, and they look very yummy too. Thanks for sharing:)

Hootin Anni said...

Okay, now you have me drooling!! Ant it's only 4 a.m. in my part of the world! Yummy photos.

DAPPLED SUNLIGHT on Plumbago Blossom I'd love to have you visit with me today if you can.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Ms. D: Looks like a wonderful meal.

Jan n Jer said...

Ok, now you got my mouth watering. What a comfort to be able to cook something that not only is delicious, but brings back such fond memories of your parents.

Joanne Olivieri said...

You have me so hungry right now and it's only 8:00 am here. I love food so seeing macro shots of it has me smiling from ear to ear. This recipe looks and sounds delicious. I also really like the onion macro, very cool.

jay said...

What a good idea! Kitchen macros for Macro Monday!

Love the onions - that's a great shot - but the food looks too spicy for poor delicate me. :(

Kim, USA said...

Oh my goodness I am drooling, this look very yummy! Happy Monday!

Turtles and frogs

SquirrelQueen said...

Goodness, you certainly have the yummiest macro shots I have seen today. The spareribs look delicious.
The Road to Here

Dar said...

I love food memories. I was just dreaming of Mom's pork and beef roast dinner with roasted potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, and rutabaga, all in one big roaster, topped with homemade gravy from the drippings...comfort foods are the best, aren't they. Your ribs look great tho too and I'm saving your sauce recipe. Thanks for sharing
BlessYourWeekOfDreams

msdewberry said...

Thanks everyone for your kind comments.
The ribs were delicious and I even have some leftovers for tonight's dinner!!

webruci said...

Oh my God! ...this looks so great and tasty:)
I love to cooking, and I'll going to try this one:)

Thank you for your comment:)

Linda :) said...

A perfect dinner... I love spareribs and purple onions.... :)