About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday's Fave Five

It's been a while since I have visited Friday's Fave Five, and I am feeling the need to express my gratitude about all I have in my life at the moment. I shouldn't just do this when life is challenging, such as it is right now, but anytime we look at all we have I think is a good thing
1) My home is my solace and my refuge. All kinds of things can happen while I am out, but I know at the end of the day, I can go home. It is the quiet port in the storm of my day, the place where I long to stay in the mornings and long to return to in the evenings.
2) My Hubby, always home for me. My home is a home because he is there, whether or not he is home or at work, it is the place he returns to, my constant. My home is my home because he is there for me, with me and by my side always.
3) Understanding, others out there may not get me but here in my home, it is the place where I can be me, totally me and it gets me. No other place is safe to be me such as my home is. It is a deep and abiding relief to be able to let my self just be my self.
4) My sustanance is here. I can ask for what I need, I can give what is needed. I don't want for anything. My needs are met, and I am able to give and receive.
5) My surroundings, the park behind our house, the sundeck where I am sitting outside typing this. The lavender roses on my deck, and their sweet scent. My two cats, Speed and Scarf who love me unconditionally and who just happen to leave cat hair all over my house as well. It's all good. My surroundings ground me, they shelter me, and make up the home I call home and come home to. How could I regret any of that, even the cat hair!!
All kinds of things can happen to me in the big bad world, but I am blessed. I am loved and I am protected and valued. My life is beautiful.
For more entries to Friday's Fave Five, please go and visit http://susannesspace.blogspot.com/


3 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

After all there is no place like home.

Susanne said...

What a lovely list of five! It gave me such a wonderful feeling inside as I read what you wrote about your home! Beautiful post.

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Home is a haven, isn't it? I know just how you feel. Traveling is good, but there's nothing like coming home.

Enjoy the coming week.