About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Thursday, April 2, 2009

This and That

A little of this and a lot of that for today....
Its already April and here in the rainforest country we are still having snow. What is up with that? Its very cold lately for this place but listening to the weatherman right now he is saying highs of 15 Celcius by Monday. The poor cherry blossoms are trying to bloom, the daffodils etc are all coming up but they don't like the snow any more than I do. Bring on the spring!!
Survivor on tonight and going to my next door neighbours place to watch the show and eat some appys and drink some wine. We do this every Survivor night and have done that for the past five or so years. Its a Thursday tradition now.
I am furiously trying to think of ways to get more tax money back before filing my taxes. I am looking for deductions everywhere! Every cent counts in these economic times.
My hubby's business is just taking off! Its been a dream of ours to start our own business (I just do the books) and finally it might be happening!!
I am so tired of the violence around this area. There have been gang related shootings, killings now since the beginning of the year. 36 shootings since the beginning of January. So many now that when the news report another shooting no one is surprised anymore. Oh well, just another day is the attitude. Are we getting immune to the horrors of it?? Just today they called my city where I live The Ground Zero of gang warfare in Canada. What a thing to be known for. I pray it will end soon.
Day 29 today that my friend Wes has been missing. He seems to have just vanished off the face of the earth. I try not to lose hope that he will be found safe but I don't know anymore. He is not like this just to disappear, it is so out of character and so scary for his friends and his family. My heart goes out to his mom, I have been through this before when my son disappeared and I know the horrible pain she is in. No mom should ever know this pain.

Well, I think for this week that that is enough of this for today. Have a great day everyone....

No comments: