About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Change.

It started with a nice walk in the park, along the river.
Just one Caterpillar, climbing up my Hubby's leg. At the time we were having a deep discussion about changes, as we were walking. Thinking that we might have to readdress our goals and what our timelines were working out to be.
And along came a Caterpillar.
If you can get past the phase of Caterpillars eating every leaf in sight and spinning cacoons here there and everywhere, and wait the time it takes for them to morph into a beautiful butterfly, then its not so bad.
Caterpillars change. The change is inevitable. They either die or they change.  

Its the same with change. Its inevitable. You can't stay the same, stagnant and going nowhere. Change makes sure it moves you, even into unknown territory. You must change. 
And there are many ways to suffer the death of not moving with the change. 
We talked about the changes we were facing, the fact that those things we wanted might not be the things we needed. 
 
Its strange how Caterpillars all congregate onto one spot on the trunk of the tree. Why there? 
Its kind of like thoughts. You get something in your mind It stays there, going round and round. And grows. It eats into the wood. It marks the spot, especially if you don't do anything to rid yourself of it.
We had a lot of things to wade through and search through to get to the bottom. It was marking the spot. 
We had to address it. 
One day the butterfly will emerge. 
We will see the change.



 

10 comments:

Light and Voices said...

Your header is absolutely awesome!
JM Illinois

Nancy said...

I admit I am one to resist some changes -- I need to work on that!

Thank you so much for sharing at Tuesday Muse this week. xo

Linda Stoll said...

Change can come at a blink of an eye ... but those transitions can take quite a while. Courage, my friend ... courage!

Linda

Lisa said...

Wonderful insight. Isn't is amazing how much we can learn from nature. One of my favorite quotes is, "What a Caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls a butterfly." Great shots of the little critters.
Visiting from Tuesday Muse.

Ida said...

Change has never been easy for me to accept but I'm learning as I grow older that some things just don't stay the same no matter how much you resist the change.

Wow I've never seen that many caterpillars in one place at one time.

lorik said...

You have transformed a caterpillar/s into an exciting series of art! I find it hard to choose a favourite- probably the first and third.

Valerie said...

Great captures, "Dew" - thanks for sharing both the images and your insightful comments on the inevitability of change and the choices available to us before, during or after that change takes place. Well said! (and thanks for stopping by my blog).

...melody... said...

The single caterpillar is just stunning. The group of caterpillars totally gave me the heebie jeebies! :)

Your words though were totally insightful and definitely thought provoking.

A Creative Grace said...

The only constant thing is change :) I love those piles of caterpillars!

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

OMG...they look very colorful and pretty, but I probably have hair standing on my back if they are in my yard..I love butterflies and all, but not at this stage :-)