About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Friday, September 4, 2009

Grilled Prawns

I love any excuse where I get to feed my family something new. Its not something that I would make just for myself if it was only me that I had to feed. My daughter Lora was coming over for supper tonight so it was reason enough to find something new to cook.
The days are turning a bit cooler here, fall is just around the corner. The leaves are starting to turn colour and some even falling off. I don't mind the cooler days. The heat this year was a bit hard to take.
The barbeque is needed for this dish. I suppose you could cook them in the oven but it would not be the same.

Barbequed Prawns
1 small Onion, chopped
3 or more Garlic cloves, chopped
1 TBSP. Olive Oil
1 lb. Uncooked Prawns
Combine all ingredients in Ziploc Bag and marinate in fridge for 3-4 hours.
Skewer prawns on skewers and grill in barbeque until prawns are pink.
Prawn Dip
Zest of 1 lemon
3 TBSP. Lemon Juice
1 TBSP. Peanut Butter
1 tsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Salt
Combine all ingredients, mix until smooth. May have to slightly heat this in microwave to soften peanut butter enough to mix thouroughly.
Dip cooked Prawns into sauce and enjoy!!
Serve with grilled vegetable medley, white rice and a salad of your choice!!!

1 comment:

Olga said...

Yum! I'd be happy if someone in my family made this dish for me :)