About Me

My photo
I am a married woman with children out of the home now developing my own interests, hobbies making my way through the heat of the experiences and days of my life. (Click on pictures to enlarge.)

Followers

Friday, February 17, 2012

Project 52 - True Love

project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com
When it comes to love, my Hubby and I do not tell each other much that we love each other. At least not in so many words. We say something like "Have I told you lately?" or "Just a tiny tiny bit!" In our culture, to say something like I love you so much is to be too proud of what you have, to brag about it, and in such a case the very thing we speak of could be taken from us. So we minimize it in our words. We do not invite tests. Our love shows for each other in actions.  Its in the simple things, that speak volumes to me when I find them. Or when he finds them. It is in how we take care of each other, watch out for each other, miss each other when we are apart. It is in the little things done each and every day. I notice these things. For me, whereever I end up each day, I know at the end of my day I go home, and my true love, who I only love a tiny bit, is there. My heart lives there and waits for me. He gets me, and I am safe within his heart.
We have a word we share with each other, we put it on the bottom of cards we give each other, we tell it to each other and it says in that word you are my true love. 
Quahestamaha.
It translates to:  You Dance in my Heart.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You dance in my heart. That is so beautiful and touching.

Foursons said...

You dance in my heart is BETTER than "I love you"! Beautiful and I love this shot. Makes me wish for a tree house just like it in my size.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful post.
I like your photo.

Regards and best wishes

Georgianna said...

Oh, oh, oh, my, Lorna. This beautiful post brought tears to my eyes. I loved how you expressed your special connection. And that word – so very beautiful. Thank you. xo – g

Karen / The Well Seasoned Nest said...

So very lovely - so glad I stopped by....